Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One reason why I blog.

I can't remember if I have blogged about this before. I know I meant to, but I can't remember if I ever got around to it.

I am blogging on why I blog. 

I have been "blogging" since I was in high school. Technically. I had an Open Diary. And then came along MySpace. And now I'm here on blogger. Mostly b/c I have some friends on here and it's not Myspace. 

I blog because I am not very good at expressing myself. There is a lot to me that people don't see, or hear. I feel like when I talk about myself beyond surface level, that people tune me out. I know that's not true, but sometimes I feel like that is how it goes. I surround myself with people who have big personalities, and I guess I feel like blogging is way for me to express myself to people who are willing to read. 

If people don't want to know about me, then they won't read. And my personality is not big enough to even begin to compete with others who do have those big personalities. And I don't really have it in me to fight for that attention. I don't feel I should have to fight to have people notice me.. If someone wants to get to know me, they will. By asking me questions and act interested. As opposed to acting like they are listening, or start to listen and then turn the conversation back on them (that last one happens to me A LOT...more than anyone would probably even imagine). 

And I am not going to lie, it is a struggle to get people to listen to me. No idea why, but it is. SO I blog. It's a great way for shy, quiet personalities to express themselves in an avenue where people have your full attention.

Ok I'm done. 

As a side note: my sheepdog is taking up almost my entire bed and I have idea how I'm going to get to sleep, lol. Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

hillary said...

One more thing!:
If I have any bad luck in the next three days, blame Zombie.

He cursed me.

Only because my curse on him WORKED.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

=)