Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Interesting day.

Well, we all know today is election day. But all I'm going to say about it is that I voted. Good for me. Other than that, I can't wait for this to be over with. I am sick of the negativity over stupid opinions. Our country is way too divided and that makes me sad.

So I've done two days of work so far at my new job. So far, so good. I am doing okay. They threw a lot of information at me in a very short amount of time. But it'll be alright. I actually got my first referral today. Which means I'll have my first case starting tomorrow. AH! But it's all good. I've discovered in the last two days that my job has the potential to be awesome. I guess each of my families gets $500 for me to get them what they need. For example, if the family does not have a washer...I can get them a washer. If they need some help getting groceries, I can take them grocery shopping, if they need a refrigerator, I get them that. Or today, I went with a co-worker to shadow and my co-worker used the money to get them bus passes and winter coats for the girls. I am WAY excited for that part. 

I am tired already though. And I need to get a GPS. I will get lost in D-Town for sure. And that's probably not the best thing. 

OH and today, I saw a dead body. Oh yeah. I was out with my co-worker and her client, and the road we needed to walk down was blocked off by police cars. We went around and the fuzz told us we needed to go around because it was a crime scene. Some dude on the street near where we were going told us that there was an officer was chasing some guy on a motorcycle who wasn't pulling over, and the motorcycle dude hit a pedestrian. We saw the aftermath of this. And the bodies were still in the street. Covered up by yellow tarps. So yeah. Detroit has something to offer everyday. And I've noticed that every single street I've been done has at least one burnt house. Crazy.

But despite all this, I really sorta like and enjoy Detroit. I know it can be not safe, but it's pretty much falling apart. But I like it in it's dilapidated state. The people are awesome too. The culture is really different and I enjoy it. The not safe individuals, I don't so much like, obviously. But anyways. That was a rant.

Alright. I'm gunna go watch Dirty Jobs. 

Peace.

1 comment:

The Wife said...

I'm glad your job is going good. It will be a lot of fun spending other peoples $.