Monday, November 10, 2008

checklist.

I have a check list for myself. Things I want to see, do, accomplish. Well, it's not an actual written out list, just some things I think about from time to time.

The major ones being the usual: graduate, get a job, get married, have kids,etc.  My list spans out to adopting a child, doing missions work in a third world county (preferably somewhere in Africa), doing more mission work right here in the US, moving back to Grand Rapids, or out of Michigan altogether, seeing tornado, etc. (Sorry, I had to throw the tornado thing in there, they are AWESOME).

Aside the unusual list of things, I am heading in the right direction. I graduated college. I have a career starting job. You know, something I can build off from. I am missing that one thing. The guy. The holiday season always makes me think of the guy. The guy I should be spending my holiday season with, the guy who will help me decorate the Christmas tree, the guy who I spend hours looking for the perfect present for, the guy who will listen to me ramble on about how awesome Christmas is, the guy who will lay around with me all day on Thanksgiving after eating too much and watch movies or football. 

I know he's out there. Sometimes I feel like I miss out on these things and it's my own fault for not being more outgoing or social than I am. Sometimes I am scared of life. Scared of what it's going to be like when I meet that person. Scared of the possibility of missing out on meeting that person. Just a coward, basically. I don't throw myself out there like I should. I am too scared of how people will react. 

It's silly and I'm not looking for any confidence boosting comments. Please. I just have been thinking about this. It's weird how snowfall, and cold weather effects how my brain functions. Seriously. 

I know 'the guy' is out there. And God will bring us together. I just need to trust that He will, and have the confidence to be who I am always. 

2 comments:

Zombie said...

It is funny, your is like the tenth blog I have read today where Christmas is talked about. It is funny how the cold weather and snow mess with our minds.

Allison said...

Since the cold weather has begun, all I can think about is food! Probally because Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are the best. So I think the cold weather messes with everyone. Personally, cold weather = food