Sunday, November 16, 2008

Forget.

I knew I had something to post here. I'd been thinking about it all day. And now that I am here. I forget. Go figure. 

I have been writing a lot of things in my moleskin journal I just purchased for such times that I have a head full of thoughts and nowhere to place them. It was in there, and no longer in my head. I'll get to the later I suppose.

My weekend was okay. Both of my parents were gone on Friday night, so instead of being a social butterfly, I stayed in, alone to enjoy to the time I had to myself. (I never get alone time, so I cherished it). I made myself stir fry and rice and watched two movies. The house was so quiet. Except for my dog, who I had to kick off my bed three times that night just so I could become uncramped. Just to have him get right in my face and stare at me as if to say "Can I come back up now?" Pathetic.

Saturday night I got to spend with my college roommate Rachel. Sometimes I forget how awesome she is. I wished we lived closer. She is definitely the sanity I need in my life. We are so alike in many ways, but we are so different. She listens to me. I mean, just listens, and lets me talk, and doesn't interject with how much worse her life is, or how what I'm going through isn't as bad as what she is going through, or tries to take away the glory of things I accomplish. Just listens. I really appreciate that about her. Maybe we need to find a place like the good 'ol days..

I need to  make some changes in my life. I believe we as people need to be constantly improving ourselves, and I will admit, that sometimes I just coast. I don't want to just coast. I want to become a better person everyday of my life. I want be closer to God every single day. Which is sometimes difficult when you feel like things aren't going the way YOU want them to go. Which is selfish and now what God expects from you, but hey, I'm only human. I need to stop thinking about the way I think my life SHOULD be going and improve on the life I have now. Dwelling on my "should be" life isn't helping me get anywhere now. I need to remember to thank God for what I do have. 

Alrighty-I'm gunna go read.

Peace and love to you all.

No comments: