Thursday, November 6, 2008

The hood.

So I've been in the hood at least one time each day this week.

I'm not gunna lie, I sorta like it. Aside from the dangerous parts of it, the culture surrounding the people who grow up in those times of neighborhoods is awesome. Today at work some girls were talking about "soul food". I've had soul food and it is delicious. Those of us who grew up in the suburbs don't have those sorts of things. I think we are missing something. Our neighborhoods and communities don't have those sorts of things to bring us together. And it's not just the food. It's just that sense of community. They look out for each other in ways that nobody in my neighborhood does. We don't even speak. It's sorta sad.

I wish everyone could be part of a community.

Also another thing. I actually saw the visible line that is on 8 Mile. The idea that one side is the "rich" side and the other side is the "poor" side. I saw that change. It was incredible. Incredible in a bad way.  To see how separated we've become. I really wish it wouldn't be like that. 

I really just want everyone to love each other. Is that really so much to ask??

Okay. I'm done for now. Time to sleep. 

No comments: