Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One more down.

Well, my birthday is over. One more to mark off. I am 24. Exciting? We'll see. Probably not.

I was in a bratty mood all day today. I am starting to feel guilty about it. But my family was mildly irritating me. I suffer from what we like to call "middle child syndrome" MCS. Which basically means when the attention should be on me, all I get is crap. My dad and I got into a bit of an argument earlier today. And I don't even really want to get into what it was about, but it was stupid. Long story short. I was a brat all day, but it was definitely provoked. 

I feel like my parents are pulling me in two different directions. I feel like they want to me be able to be able to be a responsible adult, independent from them. BUT on the other hand, they aren't letting me do that. It's kind of a tough place to be in. I wish I could completely break free of that hold they have on me. My brother did. He did it very well. I wish I had his skills. 

Wow, that was a ramble if I've ever seen one.

Long story short: I did have a good birthday, regardless of the arguments and brattiness (not just on my part). I have awesome friends who I got to spend my evening with. And am excited for tomorrow evening. 

I'm just excited for life. Even though I may not seem that way sometimes, I really am. God really has blessed my life. And I am SOOOOO grateful. Probably not as grateful as I should be, but I'm workin' on it.

Anyways. I'm out. About ready to pass out from exhaustion.

God Bless.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey Hillary, Glad your B-day was good despite a few bumps in the road. This year will be great! You'll see.

Zombie said...

24. Like the TV Show. We all had fun last night. Happy Birthday




Your blog verification (You should turn it off) says eatema (eat emma) Zombie jargon, we ma all be in trouble.

hillary said...

I turned it off.

And we probably are in trouble. Zombie's are taking over the internet first....good strategy.