Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well, I finally got one.

The place I interviewed at yesterday, called me to day and offered me a job. There were three openings and I got my second choice. But it actually sounds pretty good to me. I'll be working as a social worker type individual reunifying families who have had children removed for various reasons. I think it'll be good because I will be helping in the process of reuniting a family and hopefully that is a joyous event. As opposed to taking children away...ya know?

The women who called me today was in the group interview yesterday, but really wasn't the facilitator. She called me today all excited, I guess she was really impressed by me. I wasn't aware that I am impressive in any way, but it seems I am and it worked in my favor yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I still fully intend on leaving this area. But it will not be soon. I need a winter season away from buckets of snow anyways. 

This is so weird to me. I have a career job. I am a professional. What an adult thing to be. My job has benefits. What is that shenanigans? I am something other than a sales associate. What. The. Crap. Man...I am a little boggled at this idea. Who wouldn't thought I'd ever be an adult...or at least...pretend to be an adult. 

Weird.

5 comments:

The Wife said...

This is fantastic news. I'm sure it will not be an easy job by any means, but at least you can be praying for each of these kids and families.

Nicole said...

Great Job Hillary! Welcome to the adult world! Hey by the way you are impressive in my book!

Zombie said...

It beats the old women at Hallmark too!

Zombie said...

I will show how to make a link list next time you come over, it is much easier to show you than to tell you.

hillary said...

Nevermind, I got it. :)