Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The theology of insects.

So I was posed with this question tonight as I lay here in bed with a spider creeping up the wall beside me...does God truly frown upon killing insects?

I know that is so silly. But I could not bring myself to kill it. The spider was crawling on this cork board that I keep my key chain collection on (yes, I collect key chains) so I just removed the whole cork board from my wall and place it gently on the floor, on the other side of the room. There have been other times I've done silly things like this too. This summer there was a carpenter ant just hanging out in my bathroom with me because I could not bring myself to kill it. I do not know where this ant went. One day, he just disappeared. But it made me glad that I did not murder an innocent ant. 

Maybe one day I will be a crazy vegan. 

Anyway. I should go to sleep. I'm listening to mello music and it is making me sleepy. Recommendation: if you are having troubles falling asleep, give Clare de Lune by Debussy a listen. I pass out half way through every single time.

With that, God Bless. 

Currently Listening: Asleep-The Smiths
Currently Reading: Jesus Wants to Save Christians-Rob Bell


1 comment:

The Wife said...

I'm on the fence when it comes to killing bugs. I guess inside is free game outside is off limits.