Friday, October 17, 2008

Nerves.

So, we all know now that I got a job. The actual title being FRP Case Manager. FRP stands for family reunification program.

After the initial excitement wore off (more so from my friends than anyone else *cough* parents *cough*) the nerves started to set in. Now I am more terrified than anything. If I'm being honest here...

I started to realize that the well-being of children and families are semi-going to be in my hands. I will be interacting with families who have been through a lot, which is fine. But then I remembered that people don't always react to me in all the same ways. That makes me a little scared. I am not even entirely sure why. Probably because I have never really had this much responsibility, especially for other people. I need relax, I know, but I never freak out about anything really, so my time has finally come. Well, I wouldn't say I am freaking per say, but I am sure I will eventually. 

I just need to keep reminding myself that God is in ALL control and I shouldn't worry about it. So I am trying that. And everyone else seems to think I am capable, so maybe I should stop listening to myself for once...

Okay. That was it. I need to go find someway to warm up because my dad refuses to warm up our house at all. My nose is cold and my fingernails are turning purple...

No comments: