Monday, October 6, 2008

Missing.

I miss Grand Rapids. I miss the people, I miss the city, I miss the atmosphere.

I forgot how much I love that place until I went back this weekend for a visit. As soon as I drove into the city, I was hit with how wonderful it really is. The people, the places and the atmosphere is so incredibly different than downriver. It even smells different. 

Cow poop instead of pollution. Lake winds instead of sewer steam. Churches instead of abandoned buildings. Clean instead of dirty. Farms instead of housing developments. Two lane highways instead of four or five lane highways. No posted speed limit instead of 35 mph speed limits. 

All those things and so many more.

I need to get back there. None of my friends here understand why. I don't expect them to. I know they will be upset, but I feel like it's what I need to do. 

Anyways. Time for unity group. 

God bless you all.

2 comments:

The Wife said...

Hi! I'm glad you found me. I will now stalk you here!!!

Nicole said...

Hillary, I understand. I totally get your latest blog girl! I went to college in GR too and know how you feel. I miss all my friends from up north. I really miss the Amish that would drive their horse and buggies to Walmart. Man I miss those days!

Nicole