Monday, October 27, 2008

24

I turn 24 in two hours. Since I've turned twenty, I get a little weirded out on my birthday. I'm not sure why. I'm not old. And it's not even getting weirded out because I feel old. I don't feel old at all. Maybe that's the problem. I'm getting older, but I don't feel older. 

I guess that's not so bad. I'm not losing touch with the child/teenager inside of me. I still like dorky things I liked in high school and when I was a kid. Hanson is still my favorite band. You can catch me watching the Disney Channel every once in a while. I still LOVE dinosaurs. I have stuffed animals in my room. Pictures of bands on my walls. 

On the other hand, I feel like I am missing out on a lot of adult things. I finally got my grown-up job. Which I start next week. But other than that, I still feel too young for my age in a bad way. At age 20, I thought I'd be married or engaged by this time in my life. Or at least be in a serious relationship. I am the definition of single at the moment. And it's not that I'm not okay with that, I'm fine with it. BUT at the same time, it's disappointing. I think it'd be fun to go out on dates. I've never really "dated" per say. The people I've gone out with were guys I met through friends. Nothing on my own accord. So I'm not exactly sure how to go about all that. 

Anyways. I am done rambling on about things. My blogs always have a point and then go nowhere. Oops. :)

That's all from me. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

Currently Listening: Matt Nathanson-Beneath These Fireworks.
(Matt Nathanson is quickly climbing my list of favorite musicians ever)

1 comment:

The Wife said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one. I just realized you weren't on my stalking list for some reason.