Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jumpy.

I am really jumpy tonight. My skin is crawling, my heart is racing, I just feel antsy. I don't think I've had anymore caffeine than I usually do, so that's not it. Probably a direct result of my job. I don't feel like getting into that though.

It feels as if God has been poking and prodding me more than usual lately, maybe I'm just aware of it. It's like He's standing behind me, tapping on my shoulder, waiting for me to turn around. I've turned around, I'm aware, now I just have to listen. And listen I will definitely try to do.

I am at a point where I don't know where to go. I want to move forward, but my feet are stuck in mud. It's not to say I'm unhappy. I am happy in my life. My job has definitely showed me how blessed I am. Really. I just don't know where to go or how to get there. It's a challenge and I welcome it. Too much wasted coasting, now it's time to do something. I just don't know what yet, time to put on the thinking cap.

I think I'm gunna apply to volunteer somewhere on a regular basis. I'm thinking maybe a humane society. I deal with people too much during the week and it's burning me out. I like animals and they expect me to work miracles for them, they just want someone to love them and pay attention to them. I can handle that.

I need to center my life. Here we go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dogs? Cats? Arrrrr. LOL

Zombie said...

Consider this passage.


Phil. 4:10   I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


Don't worry about what God Is leading you into, just be willing to follow wherever he leads, even if nowhere except to do what you are doing now. Contentment spiritually is not good, but being content in the situations He puts you is is paramount to a healthy faith. Relax. Breathe. Drink some warm milk.

The Wife said...

My good fried has worked at the Wayne one for years. I'm going to see her tonight. I will ask her what you should do to volunteer.

hillary said...

Thanks Coffmans. :)

And no thanks to Mr. Anonymous.