Saturday, February 28, 2009

Joy.

I realize that my blog title is "always find joy in the simple things" and I haven't been very joyful lately. My job has really been stressing me out, hence the pathetic blogs.

Anyways. Seeing as I'm not quite as morose as my blog makes me out to be, I'm going to list things that I find joy in:
-my family (although everyone has their thing going on, I am blessed with my family)
-my dog who comes in my room every morning and stares at me as if to tell me to get up and pay attention to him
-i do sometimes find joy in my job, it reminds me of how much God has faithfully blessed me with in my life.
-i find joy in reading a new book
-i find joy in taking the long way back to my house just to finish a good song or listen to it just one more time
-i find joy in waking up to a sunny day when it's been cloudy for two weeks or waking up to a cloudy/rainy day when all it's been is sun.


Just to name a few. I think everyone should take the time to think of the joyful things they have in their lives. Because even the little things can brighten up your day.

2 comments:

High on the Hog said...

What about the joy I bring you when you hear me laugh?

The Red One said...

Don't confuse joy with cringing, btw, nice to see you not being anonymous, even if it was forced.