Saturday, February 14, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix.

Ok so not to water down my blog with nonsense about celebrities but, I just watched the whole David Letterman clip with Joaquin Phoenix and I have to say it made me feel a little bit nauseous.

From the bits I had seen and the little I'd heard about it I thought that he'd gone on the show just high out of his mind. Which seems to be the case, but now I feel so sad for the guy. He's on there, high or just super depressed and David Letterman is just making fun of him the entire time. And he chooses not to respond, making it seem like he's super doped up. (I mean, he may have been).

There is a part of me that makes me think that his guy is teetering on a very narrow line of life and death, and that makes me feel terrible. I don't know how other people could sit there and see this and think it is okay to laugh. It makes me sick how cruel our society can be. I know I don't know the guy and I know he's a celebrity, but how can people just sit back and let other's self-destruct.

I read somewhere that someone thought it was a stunt. Maybe it is. But, it makes me scared to think that we, as a society, will sit back and be entertained by someone who appears to heading down a bad road. NOT just celebrities. Anyone.

It really does make me ill to think anyone could like that. Jesus is probably saddened by this too.

3 comments:

thagaman said...

I wrote a b-word about this not to long ago. I don't think that it is fake - I think that he has lost his mind.

http://tomhagaman.blogspot.com/2009/01/flight-of-phoenix.html

Anonymous said...

it’s hard to tell whether Joaquin Phoenix was faking it or not during that Letterman appearance, especially since he’s such a talented actor…

Tracey said...

I felt the same way. I think he has some serious issues that need to be adressed before its the end of the line for him. Quite sad to see him in that state on the Letterman show, I agree. His brother Phoenix...well we all know how that story ended. That's just my 2 cents : )