Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions.

So far my New Years resolution is going well. I've been reading consistently since January 1st. I even started reading a book on prayer to compliment reading the Bible.

Thus far I've noticed that the beginning of Isaiah could be used two ways. Obviously it's a message to God's people. But then, I feel like some of what it says could be said to America today. America is kinda sad. It really is...

I have found, once again, to my shame, that when you look for God, you find Him. None of this chasing after God stuff, God is most definitely chasing after you. You just need to let Him catch you. This is a lesson that I've learned several times throughout my life, and I hope I never have to learn it again. I don't want to let myself become complacent again. At the same time, it's a difficult transition. I feel like there are some things in my life that I need to let go of, and I don't feel right doing it...so I'll have to pray on that. Big time.

My job is getting increasingly difficult. And the worst part is, I don't want to talk about it and I don't feel like I'm good enough for it. But God must think I can handle it because that's where His path has led me. It's just hard trying to constantly re-adjust, since my "team" is going through a lot of changes, and the holidays, it hasn't given me the opportunity to really settle into my groove there yet...so maybe it seems more difficult than it actually is.

I am getting restless in my house. It's a really fine line when you are an adult like me, living with your parents. Half of the time they treat me like an adult and the other half I feel like they are doing things that should only be done for teenagers, ya know? It really is a very fine line. One that I'm gingerly walking on, trying not to lose my balance because I don't want to be a brat and short with my parents but sometimes, I just can't help it. I pray God will help me not be a jerk to my parents.

I'm exhausted. I need to start making better choices when it comes to my sleeping habits. I am having a very difficult time giving up my time with my friends... especially when I'm the only one sometimes, who has to get up in the morning. I hate being the only one who has to leave early because of work. It's a serious bummer. So I stay out late, and think I can handle being tired the next day... but I forget that fact that I loathe being tired. It's such a conundrum...<--no spell check, rock on!

Okay. I need to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day, and I am absolutely dreading it. *sigh*

3 comments:

High on the Hog said...

This was not a funny post. It was serious. I know that you can do your job well. If I can do MINE, you can do yourn.

The Red One said...

I was gonna ask you how the Bible reading was going, but I have found you have answered javascript:void(0)that question. I have been refocusing God's Word and have found it reassuring. I encourage you to keep it up! It's been helping me greatly.

The Red One said...

I don't know what the javascript nonsense is in the middle of my comment?