Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm bad.

I'm writing a blog at work. Oops.

It has been an interesting day. Obama was sworn in as president earlier today. Awesome, first black president, it really does make me happy to see that we are moving beyong racial boundaries. But as a leader, he still makes me nervous. I was unable to watch the speech, but I just read it online. It was a good speech, full of promises. But, he did make it abundantly clear that "change" will occur right away. I hope everyone remembers that.

I also caught something else that I thought was interesting. I'm quoting his speech here: "The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness." From what I gathered, this is in reference to our right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". He seemed to leave out "life" in his reference to this. Here comes genicide.

I am going against everything I believe in by even mentioning politics in my blog. I am so against the discussion of politics for myself, that it bugs me even as I write this. But I had to mention that one bit I picked up on.

And as for Obama, every bit of me hopes that he is a great president. One portion of his speech I particularily enjoyed: "To the people of poor nations, we pledge to work alongside you to make your farms flourish and let clean waters flow; to nourish starved bodies and feed hungry minds." I pray this is something he lives up to. Really, I do. I pray that he does great and Godly things. Although, I really fear for the future of our unborn children and I will pray daily that they are protected from the people who think they are nothing.

That's all I have to say. I am thoroughly disgusted with myself with even mentioning politics in my blog, because I'm not looking for an argument...I'm just looking to express myself in the blogosphere.

4 comments:

hillary said...

I meant to say change will NOT occur right away.

My bad.

Zombie said...

Yesterday and today I saw his face beside Martin Luther King's like 50 times. Is this a bit premature?

Brittney said...

You noticed those things as well, eh?

thagaman said...

My favorite part of the live coverage yesterday was: One of the random reporters interviewed two people afterwards and they asked them what they thought about Obama and they said that they loved his speech and that they were happy that we have finally elected a black president, the reporter then asked them what their favorite part of the speech was and neither of the two ladies could respond and one of them said, "I can't remember". I love America.