Saturday, September 25, 2010

Standards.

I'm a picky person. Most of you know this already. I'm a picky eater, I'm really picky about guys, I expect things to be a certain way, and when they aren't, it's just not ok in my book. Is that bad? Some people think so. I call it standards. But that's just me.

My pickiness comes back to bite me in the bum frequently. I miss out on things sometimes because it's not the way I think it should be. Or I don't take the time to really learn much about it before I make my judgement call. My first impressions and my original judgement calls are usually right though. I have a lot of confidence in that.

It's rare that I'm really surprised or disappointed by anything. My expectations usually pan out and I'm really happy for that. My gut is usually right and I guess that's just God leading me.

There are many people in my life that I've liked from the start. I know from their interactions, or just their lives that they are awesome people. And I must say I have a lot of pretty amazing people in my life. I just need to really take the time to appreciate them more. So hey, amazing people: You are amazing. Truly. I am So grateful for you in my life and I'd like to keep it that way. Ok? Ok.

My job interview went okay yesterday. Everyone neglected to tell me how in the middle of nothing Fremont is. I know myself and I know that Fremont is not a place I should uproot myself to without knowing a single soul there. I would not do very well. It's a beautiful area, do not get me wrong. The leaves are changing and the drive was so beautiful and peaceful and relaxing. It's one of those things that I know in my soul is not for me.

The ride back was a little tough though. I dont' think I've really had that time for my own thoughts in a long time and a lot of things caught up with me. Gotta work through them and make sure I give my brain more Me time as to prevent that from happening again. Self care is really important and I neglect it a lot.

On that note, I leave you with this: If you were a cartoon character which one would you be and why? This was one of my interview questions and I'm just curious :) Another one was: If you could meet any celebrity, past or present, which would you choose and why?

Ok. That's all.

3 comments:

OneBigHappy said...

I identify with Hong Kong Phooey. Sometimes Elmer Fudd. I would have liked to meet Billy Graham and David Lean. And Jimmy Stewart. It's hard to think of newer celebrities I might like to meet. Perhaps Guillermo Del Toro or the guy who plays Chuck on Chuck.

Jake said...

I like Popeye.. at least I wish I was as cool as Popeye.. Id also like to meet Brian Setzer, because he is one "cool cat"..

hillary said...

The guy who plays Chuck on Chuck is Zachary Levi. I should have said him! He's pretty rad. He loves Jesus. Do you watch Chuck, Dave?