Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Biggest Loser.

I love this show. It makes me smile to see people who are genuinely ready to change their lives and be healthy.

The whole thing seems very ironic though. The last two weeks it's be on for 2hours. 2 hours in one evening spent watching this show, is 2 hours I've just sat on my bum and done nothing. And it's also strange because I usually end up eating something whilest I watch it. Again, the opposite of what the show is trying to communicate.

I am such a backwards person. In more ways than one, but when it comes to having a healthy lifestyle, I'm about halfway there.

The only way to really be healthy and lose weight, or to maintain a healthy weight is to diet and exercise. That's it. I've never understood how Americans completly ignore that. Oh yeah, we're lazy. We want the quick fix. Well folks, good luck with that.

Between my sophomore and junior years in college I did weight watchers with my mom. It is a diet program, but it teaches you HOW to eat healthy in a realistic way. I lost 30 pounds, and have pretty much kept it off. I'm about 5 pounds more than when I stopped paying for weight watchers, but that's pretty awesome still. But that's the problem I have. I am pretty well set with the exercise part. One a bad week, I work out 2-3 times. Running and sometimes weight training (which I desperately need to get back on track with). For most, that's the hard part. People don't want to exercise. I love it though, I feel so great afterwards.

It's the diet part I have a hard time with. I eat what I shouldn't eat constantly. I snack late at night, I eat out at least two times a week, I don't always pack a lunch, I sometimes skip breakfast only because I don't have time in the morning. I eat far too much candy. I drink too much Starbucks.

I often wonder where I would be if I actually followed a good diet plan. If I stopped eating out, if I stopped eating candy all the time, if I ate a healthy breakfast every morning, if I didn't snack after 8pm at night.

I wonder if I have the will power for that. I think I do. I did Weight Watchers successfully, so there is will power in there. I need to learn how to manage my mom's cooking also. She doesn't cook healthy anymore, I blame the food network and her need to recreate the food from there. It's going to have to be about portion control. And maybe begging her to cook healthy again.

This seems like the most pointless post ever. Just me rambling I guess. It's just a thought that occurred to me last night as I was watching Biggest Loser. Which you should watch. It's pretty inspiring. Just sayin'.

Okay, that's enough of this tangent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post.

I have similar habits.

hillary said...

Well thank ya! I'm glad I'm not the only junk food eating work-out junkie around, haha.