Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Trust.

We have been reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan in our unity group right now. This last week, I put this quote in our questions to talk about. "But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through."

This quote really struck me. I am not sure why. Probably because it is difficult for me to live like this. I have a hard time thinking about putting myself in situations that I don't have control over the outcome. The only thing I can think of that I trusted absolutely completely to God recently was my job searching. I gave that completely to God. And it turned out good. I found a job, that I so far enjoy and I think I can do for God, in a way that I don't think I could do otherwise. 

I hope can learn to live like this. I am envious of those people can just throw themselves into situations doing God's work and they will really be in trouble if God doesn't come through. I want to be that reckless. Sometimes I think I live too carefully and I am missing out  because of it. I need to be more reckless for God. Ha. 

How can I be reckless for God??? Suggestions are welcome. 


5 comments:

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

I seem to struggle with this same concept. I have a hard time putting myself in situations where I am uncomfortable. Just pray that you will be able to trust Him fully and then you might find yourself in one of those situations without even knowing it.

Nicole said...

Lately, God has put me in a ministry I never dreamed I would be a part of. With total strangers who are now friends. I am pretty much working two jobs to do this ministry. But I am so blessed even with the stress and the time constrants. It is so worth it. Living Reckless for Jesus is so worth every second! I will pray for you. God will give you the desires of your heart and show you how to be reckless for Him! But know this Hillary, I see God's spirit living in you and I see you striving for Him with your life!

Zombie said...

You could drive blindfolded

hillary said...

I say reckless, not suicidal.

Although I'd still probably drive just about as good as everyone else in Detroit with the blindfold on.