Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowing.

As a midwesterner, born and raised, you'd think I'd get used to being dumped on by snow. Unfortunately, I am not. I am literally stressing myself out over the fact that I may be forced to leave my house and drive in conditions that are definitely less than desirable.

I want to move to Tennessee. Away from the snow storms, and the bleak mood that has set itself semi-permanently in Michigan. You all may think I'm bluffing, but if I could, I definitely would. I need a change in scenery. I'm getting restless.

My future is foggy and I don't like it. At the beginning of college, I knew what the next 4-5 years were going to look like. Go to school, visit home on breaks, go back to school, come home for the summer, go back to school...no real uncertain moments there. It was pretty much set in stone that I was going to finish college. And I did. Now what? You know. I have a job and stuff, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Especially in a job that was definitely anti-climatic. The honeymoon is over and reality hit when a foster care worker was a jerk to me yesterday for no reason. Child welfare...gotta love it.

My biggest fear is that I am stifled in a way that prevents me from doing anything resembling God's work. I can't be God's hands and feet and the State of Michigan's hands and feet at the same time. Or, at least, it doesn't feel like it. But regardless of all that, I am definitely blessed to have a job in this terrible economy and will not forget to thank God for that. At least it's something, right?

Anywhoo. I should go to sleep now. I may have a long day ahead of me..


Pray that I don't have to go to court in the morning and that Detroit Public Schools are closed so that I don't have to face the consequences of not seeing my client tomorrow....

3 comments:

Zombie said...

Maybe God's feet and the State of Michigan's feet are connected. Maybe helping families IS the work of God.

Burkulater said...

If I had to pick a state to move to, I think it would be TN.

Burkulater said...

Or God's Hands.