Friday, March 4, 2011

Obsessed.

I'm becoming obsessed with the idea of this marathon. I know so many people who blog about their kids, pregnancies, weddings, writing. I love those blogs, you learn lots by reading them. And I finally have something to contribute to that.

The last two days I've been talking to Jason about different marathon techniques and advice, as well as reading a lot online about such things and here is what I've come up with so far.

First things first, I need to change my eating habits. I'm in the process of that now and I failed yesterday (cupcake and ice cream, but am doing a little better over all. I will no go a week without hitting Subway, so I've successfully switched from ranch to sweet onion. Which, by the way, is SOO good. I also bought some almonds. Some coco coated kind, and cinnamon honey roasted. Delicious.

Second, I think I need to maybe get down a little in the weight area before I start the hardcore training around May. I'm not complaining about my weight and I don't think I'm fat. I'm just at the higher end of where I'd like to be and I feel like it'd be easier to train if I trimmed up a bit.

That's what I'm working on right now. Today for lunch I have a peanut butter and banana sandwich w/ wheat bread, yogurt, and some almonds. It's probably not enough, but I'm not like hardcore training yet, so I'll be fine.

I'm doing my first normal run tomorrow. The goal is three miles, so we'll see how that goes.

I'll keep you all updated.