Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Aches and pains.

So far so good with the running.

I did my first "long" run on Saturday and was able to do 3 miles. I was pretty impressed with myself seeing as I haven't ran a normal pace since probably December. I ran at about an 11 min. mile pace. Which is good for me and I'm completely happy with that pace. Everything I've said that when training for a marathon, pick a pace and stick to it. So hello 11 min/mile. We're friends now.

On Saturday I did have some annoying, uncomfortableness in my hips. It didn't really hurt, really, it was just uncomfortable. It was suggested it was a hip flexor problem so I just took it easy for two days and I ran yesterday and it was fine.

My run yesterday went well also. I did 2.5 miles, as a mid-week easy run. This time my shins were hurting, BUT I suppose it's just "growing pains" if you will. I stretched and did some weight training for my legs, so hopefully I can continue to build some strength in my legs so that doesn't continue to be a problem. Shins splints are so obnoxious.

I'm doing a 5K on March 20th, to get in the zone for running outside and in races. Next step is a 10K, but I have to find one. I would really like to run the half marathon in Nashville at the end of April, as was previously suggested, because I love Nashville, but I don't think I'll be ready in time.

Well that was my marathon/running update for today :)

No comments: