Sunday, April 4, 2010

What If?

I don't usually ask 'what if?' questions. I don't like the uncertainty it causes me to have about my own life or that I feel like I've missed out on something better because of the way things transpired. Some 'what if's' can leave me feeling grateful. Others can leave me feeling empty.

I was thinking of a "what if" right now and it led me to think of the ultimate "what if". What if Christ had never risen on that first Easter. It gives me chills to think of it, but sometimes I need that reminder of how important what Christ did is to me and to us. He took on OUR sin, to save US. That kind of Love is SO beyond me. Even as I sit here at my computer and try to comprehend that kind of grace and love... leaves me without words to say.

I know I don't deserve that kind of Love. I don't. I sin constantly. Even without realizing it until later, if at all. I am broken, we are broken, the world is broken. But what God has done can make us whole again. Even now, after so many years of being a Christian, it amazes me. I guess that's why songs like "Amazing Grace" are so popular... it speaks volumes.

So tomorrow (today) and every day for the rest of my life I will try and remain amazed and in awe of God's love for us.

No comments: