Sunday, March 7, 2010

Refocused.

God is huge to me. Well God is huge to everyone, but whether or not they are aware of it, is their deal. And like I've stated here before, I spend some of my time unconsciously fighting Him, like the imperfect, sinning, human being I am. I honestly believe that realizing that first, is a great way to begin your relationship with God.

Today at church, I was given a much needed burst of energy. I had been teetering on the thoughts of how much I needed God and how much i'd been fighting that need lately. I feel like God knows that I need those little reminders, by placing experiences in my life that remind me of how much I need Him and how much I need to live for Him, constantly.

There are sometimes at church where I feel like God wants me to specifically hear what is being said, like it's being spoken directly to me. Today was one of those days. I always get a whole heck of a lot out of the entire service. And I've always been especially tuned into praise and worship, because music always speaks volumes to me, Christian or not. Talks do too, and today was no exception. My pastor was saying something to the effect of "we want Jesus to change our circumstances, not who we are". That struck me. Because I have an enormous tendency to expect my relationship with Jesus to be just that.

That is so completely backwards. I even wrote that in my notes... "That is backwards". I need to refocus my energy to my relationship with God, and leave my earthly relationships alone, because I know that when I'm focused on my Father, everything else falls into place. And I KNOW this. How easily our faulty minds forget. Side bar: when I say relationships, I mean not just with people, but with everything.

It's hard to put into words what I felt today. Like God was speaking right into my ear saying "are you listening Hillary, because you need to hear this". It's really difficult to explain with any kind of eloquence, and I apologize for that.

So hopefully now, after a good kick in the bum from my wonderful Heavenly Father, I can reboot my system with a fresh attitude. Throw my energy at Christ. Because really, He is all I'll ever need and everything else is an undeserved blessing from Him. So thank you God for continuing to remind me of how much I need You and thank you for continuing to give me blessings I so clearly do not deserve.

Amen :)

1 comment:

Zombie said...

I like to hear this. It is always good to hear when God makes Himself known to someone.