Saturday, March 28, 2009

South.

I was Bizarre Foods today on the Travel Channel. If you have a strong stomach, I definitely recommend this show. It's amazing the things the host can eat. He must not care about taste...or bacteria...

Anyways. He was actually in the US for this particular episode. Down south, in fact. And I know many of you know how I feel about the southern portion of this country. I love it down there. I've been three times in the last three years. Every single time I feel so comfortable with the culture. Well...minus the music and the backhills population.

I was thinking about the midwest. I always love the midwest. I've lived out east and it doesn't even stand to compare. My thought was...I know the south has a lot of traditions and it's a very cultural place. You can see the culture of the south. Does the midwest have culture and traditions?? Is there something that we are known for? And I don't mean just Michigan. I mean the midwest as a whole. I need originality here, not just things we stole from other cultures. If anyone has any clue what our cultures and traditions are, please enlighten me.

Next.

I was watching the Kids Choice Awards (yes, I watched a lot of tv today). And the Pussycat Dolls "performed". I quote the word performed, because, really...you know. I was little bothered to see them performing on a kids award show. Especially sing they were "singing" When I Grow Up. Which talks about wanting to grow up famous, to have lots of things, and "grow boobies". Really Nickelodeon? Really? They should be encouraging kids to grow up and read books and do well in school and do things to change the world. NOT "growing boobies". *shakes head* I'm worried for our future.

AND next.

I am really considering grad school. I know I've talked about it for some time now, but I really feel like its something I should and could do. My supervisor and my co-workers say I should. I honestly believe I could find an awesome job that I really enjoy and find rewarding if I got my Masters. I am now considering the MSW (Masters in Social Work). I wasn't aware of how many jobs were available with that until now. How many different doors could be opened.

I'm praying about it, and that's all I can do.

No comments: