Friday, March 6, 2009

Return.

It bothers me that my schedule is solely dependent on other people. Especially as I sit in a florescently lit office, in a basement, with no windows when I know it is sunny and 60 out. A rare day in Michigan in March...so sad.

So. Random entertainment related post for you all. I have nothing deep to say today because my head hurts. Have any of you seen Return to Oz? If you have, hopefully you can agree with me here. I love this movie. Angie, Patrick, and I used to watch it. The premise of it is that Dorothy returns from Oz (appearing younger than in the original, it's weird, but I like it) and tells everyone about Oz. Auntie Em (who is also younger looking and not as sweet) believes Dorothy is crazy and sends her to get electoshock therapy. While at the institution, Dorothy escapes with the help of a mysterious girl. One things leads to another and she ends up back in Oz. Oddly enough with her pet chicken, Bulena. Who is now talking. Alright, stay with me here.

Along the way she finds that Oz has been taken over by the knome king and Mombi with the help of her Wheelers. Mombi has also turned everything living in Oz to stone. Including the scarecrow, tinman, and lion.

Long story short, Dorothy meets some new friends along the way. Including Tic-Tok, Jack Pumpkin Head, and Moose. With them she has to save Oz from the Knome King and Mombi.

I know it sounds SO out there. And I will admit the movie itself is a little strange, but I really love. I ordered online and have been waiting for it for a while now. That's waht inspired this post.

Anywhoo. That's it. Still just waiting for my phone call...

No comments: