Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Things I like.

I decided to dedicate a post to a few things I like. I've got a lot of things rolling around in my brain right now, so I thought I'd do this to keep it upbeat.

(1) Books.

I love books. I enjoy reading them. Holding them. Getting lost in them. I like how limitless books can be. It's not like a movie where there are restrictions and time limits. Authors are able to use exactly what is needed for the story. And I really enjoy that feeling you get when you finish a book. It's just great.

(2) Learning.

Learning is also great. I like when I learn things just randomly during the day. I also think it's interesting how we all like learning about different things. Something that interests you may not interest me and vise versa. My new obsession is cathedrals. Like this one: Beautiful

(3) Weather

To go right along with the learning category, I love weather. I love how it changes, how different atmospheric things effect the temperature, amount of cloud cover, etc. The dangerous stuff is what gets me though. Hurricanes, thunderstorms, lightning, and tornadoes. Oh the tornadoes. Completely, totally fascinating. Mesocyclones are my favorite. I mean, look at this:


Ok, that's all for now. I have to pay attention to one of my other favorite things, The X-Files, which I've recently found on my Netflix. :)

2 comments:

OneBigHappy said...

If I was a woman, I'd be you. Except a lot older. Soul sistuh.

Katie Savino said...

Sammy is totally fascinated by tornadoes, everytime we go to the library he wants a book about them. He also likes to watch videos on youtube about them... Tornadoes scare the poop out of me :( I hope he doesn't become a storm chaser...I'd be so worried all the time...