Friday, December 31, 2010

Dear Heart.

There is this song by Sanctus Real that I've really identified with lately.

"Dear Heart, do you belong to me, or do I belong to you? Just look at all the trouble you drag me into. I've heard it said to follow your heart, But I'm starting to wonder if it's gone too far."

I let my heart and my head overtake God sometimes. And sometimes it feels like I can't control it. I know I can though, I wonder if it's easier for me to wallow in what my heart wants, than to really let God take control.

I've been kind of frustrated the past couple of days. I need to calm myself and remember God is in control. Not me. I need to be grateful for that. I am grateful for that, I just show it poorly sometimes.

Christmas and New Years tend to be a bit lonely for me. So I'll snap out of it in a week or so, but still, for right now, I'll mope around. In my head mostly. I don't want people thinking I'm pathetic.

I just need to remind myself that my heart belongs to God.
Not me to it, or it to me. To God.

No comments: