Monday, November 29, 2010

Priorities.

We have our priorities wrong. Everyone. Me too. I'll be the first to admit it.

Working retail around Christmas makes me ill. We are so missing the point.

I had a woman get angry with myself and two of my coworkers yesterday because we did not have this stupid stuffed singing snowman on sale like the other Hallmark. I give this woman props for not wanting to pay full price ($30, really?), but she still wanted it, SO she loses there.

Why do we need singing stuffed snowmen to make us happy? Why America???? Some people would be happy with a blanket, or shoes, or a roof, or socks, or A MEAL. This is just America or Detroit even.

Just a thought.

Everyone needs to slow down, take a breath, and thank God for the fact that we have what He has given us. All we have is enough. All I have is MORE than enough. So for now, I will breathe, I will pray, I will be thankful, and I will take the time to look at the stars, and remain in awe of my amazing Father, so full of Grace for me that I do not deserve.

2 comments:

The Red One said...

It happend! I didn't think it could. But someone got mad at Hallmark??? The world is really coming to an end. But really though, amen! Thanks to our Lord and Savior.

Burkulater said...

Those singing stuffed things from Hallmark are everywhere! It's hard to keep things in perspective sometimes.