Friday, November 5, 2010

Bluster.

It's my favorite time of year.

When it starts to get dark early, when the first thing I do in the morning is wrap myself in a blanket and head downstairs. Wear slippers all day every day.

I love the blustery days. I love to hear the wind out my window, like tonight. I love drinking tea and have it just warm me up.

Call me crazy, but it's just what I like.

On that note, I will leave you with a poem that best fits this blog.

My November Guest, By: Robert Frost

My Sorrow, when she's here with me,
Thinks these dark days of autumn rain
Are beautiful as days can be;
She loves the bare, the withered tree;
She walks the sodden pasture lane.

Her pleasure will not let me stay.
She talks and I am fain to list;
She's glad the birds are gone away,
She's glad her simple worsted grey
Is silver now with clinging mist.

The desolate, deserted trees,
The faded earth, the heavy sky,
The beauties she so truly sees,
She thinks I have no eye for these,
And vexes me for reason why.

Not yesterday I learned to know
The love of bare November days
Before the coming of the snow,
But it were vain to tell her so,
ANd they are better for her praise.

1 comment:

OneBigHappy said...

I'm waaaaay a Fall person too. So I don't think you're crazy. I wish it was fall all year long. But then I'd probably hate it. Ha. And that Frost poem is excellent. Reminds one how rhyme can be done right.