Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas just does this to me.

I just bought this song on iTunes. By Matt Wertz. Love him and his curly hair.

I digress.

I put up and lit our Christmas tree tonight. No ornaments yet, the lights took too long. I think the lights look really great though. I love Christmas trees. They are so warm and friendly. I usually turn off all the lights except the tree lights and just relax. It's all very comforting to me.

I couldn't help but let my mind wander, (per usual) while I was lighting the tree. I can't wait to be able to do this in my own house, with my own family. We used to decorate the tree as a family, when I was a kid. I want to do that with my future family. Maybe involve hot chocolate and a fireplace, I want to create the warm Christmas memories I have for my own kids.

That's all.

"I'll spend the night down on the sofa; with the lights left on the tree; the dishwasher humming in the kitchen; sing me to sleep."

1 comment:

OneBigHappy said...

I do the lights at our house. Then we all put on the ornaments together. I find getting the lights on the tree to be tiresome, but I like how it turns out. I turn off the lights and then I take off my glasses. With my blurry vision, the tree just glows with soft, beautiful light. It's the one advantage of being practically blind.