Friday, June 17, 2011

Hot minute.

Well it's been a hot minute since I've said anything remotely constructive here. May as well try to do that. We'll see how this spontaneity goes.

My brain is bouncing around to different things per usual. As far as the normal complaints goes, here's the update. My job isn't quite what I thought it'd be. We have a lot more consistent families, but I'm not sure how I feel about things and the way they are here. All I know is that I really have the reigns of this program, and I pray my supervisor recognizes that. Because when the opportunity presents itself, I'm planning on moving on. For two reasons: a) I don't make enough money. Only because I feel like my bills are taking over my life, and I haven't felt this way before. And b) I'd like to be doing something else.

I'm pretty happy with myself and everything else. I've come back full circle with the boys and realized for now I'm happy with the way things are. I'm single, not opposed to dating at ALL, but I've also found some patience in the process. I think it helps that I'm really becoming more comfortable with myself and who I am as time moves on. I'm battling my struggles, but I'm making progress, which is SUPER helpful. On that note: If anyone's willing to set me up, I'm game. :)

My brother is moving to Colorado this summer. His wife got a teaching job out there and they are packing up and heading for the mountains. I'm happy for them because I know that's what they have wanted and talked about doing for a while now. I'm just going to miss my Irish twin, and I'm a little jealous he gets to go explore a new place and I don't. One day, God willing, I'll be doing the same. Probably not Colorado, because that's kinda far, but still. I am really excited to have an opportunity to visit a new place. ROAD TRIP!

I still think about opening a bakery all the time. I think it'd be so fun. Maybe I'll do that later in life. Who knows.

I'm doing the pre-training for the marathon. Every time I run, and I get tired, I keep thinking, why the poop am I doing this, but then I remember it's supposed to be difficult. If it were easy, everyone would do it, right?

That's pretty much all I got.
Oh yeah.
God is great.
:)

No comments: