Monday, January 17, 2011

Heart smiles.

I was reading the PostSecrets for this week, and this one literally made my heart smile.

I can identify with this post card. I don't know that I've ever honestly, truly doubted God's existence. I should thank my mom at some point for brining me to church as a child. God has been a reality for me as far back as i can remember. I even asked Jesus to "live in my heart" at some VBS event as a child. I imagined there to be an actual room in my heart where Jesus had a bed and couches. I thought he could even see the food as I ate it. Hey, I never told anyone I wasn't weird, ok? :)

My perception of God as an adult is different now, obviously. The Spirit continues to live on in my soul. I'm glad that I'm able to see the little things in this life that make my heart smile. I've had a lot of those moments lately, and it's for no particular reason, I just feel happy. I've felt more myself lately. More comfortable.

I don't know if anyone has noticed it, but I know I have. So I guess that good. Praise God for personal growth :)

Anyways. I know that was completely random, but I basically just wanted to share that PostSecret post card with you all.

Because it made my heart smile.

No comments: