Thursday, October 28, 2010

26.

I'm 26 today.

What.

Everyone keeps telling me I shouldn't feel old. And I guess I don't. 26 just seems weird to me.

I don't feel 26. I certainly don't ACT 26. Then why be 26? Really.

I learned a few year back to stop anticipating things by a certain age. And I don't. I actually don't anticipate much anymore. Especially things I have no control over. Makes life more exciting and interesting.

So this afternoon, I will complete case notes in my sweatpants, slippers and new fleece blanket. Eat Halloween sized Kit Kats, listen to some tunes and kind of relax. And tonight, I will refuse to act my age and play Rock Band 3 with my favorite people in the whole world for 5 hours straight, eat too much food and just enjoy life.

And God will smile at this.

2 comments:

OneBigHappy said...

Happy Bday! 26! You're just getting started. Don't you know that the average person doesn't really figure out what they "really" want to do until around the age of 30? Hope you have a blast playing Rock Band 3. I'm just wondering why I'm not there if it's with your favorite people? Ha!

Burkulater said...

Sounds like a great day. Hope you had an awesome birthday!