Tuesday, April 14, 2009

glass half full.

I have an amazingly optimistic disposition. Not much really gets to me and stays there. I don't hold hostilities, and I forgive and forget easily.

I live my life glass half full. I maybe disappointed by things in life, but I never dwell on it, and I don't let it ruin me. Example one: When I've had relationships end with boys, I don't usually let it get to me for a long time. I'll be visibly depressed for a couple days and then I buck up and move on. Simple.

Example two: Today when a Detroit Parker Enforcer (that's not their name, I just don't know what they are called.. meter fairies?) decided to give me a parking ticket for PARKING in a NO STANDING zone...I was upset for a moment, and then found humor in the entire situation.

Here's the story: I was with a client at DTE to assist with their bill. I got there at 3:30 and waited in line until 4:00. We leave the building to find the parking enforcer placing a ticket on my windshield. I walk up to the guy and I say, Why am I getting a ticket? He just points to the sign that says "No Standing". So I'm like, ok fine, just because I did not want to argue with him in front of my client. I take the ticket off my car and read that the "No Standing" applies between the time 4pm-6pm. The time on the ticket is 4:02.

WTF.

Long story short, I got my first ticket for something I didn't even do. Which I find hilarious. :)

hehe.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

meter fairies. I think thats the technical name.

High on the Hog said...

I laughed three or four times out loud as I read this post. Among the best in a long time.

The Red One said...

meter fairies is a most excellent name. And high on the hog concurs while standing creepily behind me while I type this.

hillary said...

Ray, you are a creep.

Lets see you try and decline THIS comment.
I WIN!

High on the Hog said...

clutz! You said it, not me. Name calling is awesome! LOL