Monday, May 10, 2010

Not myself.

I haven't been feeling much like myself the last week or so. It's bugging me. Things just feel a little off.

I don't know if it is because of the trip. I had SO much fun in Germany. It was an amazing experience. The trip was simple, but kind of short, but it was amazing nonetheless.

Maybe it's because I know now there is the world out there that I had always wanted and craved. To have discovered that kind of place exists has thrown me off my axis, if you will. A kind of place where everything is as it was, and people still appreciated the simple life. A place that isn't over crowded and over run with subdivisions and malls and just stuff. A place where each town had a church tower that you could see looming above everything else in each little town nestled by the rivers. A place where they sell fruit and vegetables from carts on the streets (strawberries and asparagus). Where people walk or ride their bikes everywhere. It was really refreshing.

Then I had to come back to a place where every inch of available land is covered with buildings and houses and just stuff. It's particularly bad now seeing as most buildings are abandoned. We just need to knock them down and leave it be.

I think that's why living more south appeals to me. It's simpler there. At least that's the impression I've gotten when I've visited.

All in all. Things feel different. Like my world has been knocked around a little bit. I'm not sure yet if that's a good or bad thing. I guess, like always, I'm just ready for something new and Germany gave me a little taste of that. I am left trying to figure out where I belong and how I should get there. I feel a little out of place sometimes, it's just been more in my face lately.

I'll figure out. Eventually. Until then I'll just continue to complain :) I need to start taking my own advice. People come to me often for advice and I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it, so I think I need to start listening to myself.

I just miss Germany I guess. It really left an impression on me and it makes me kind of sad to be here and not there.

I'm going back. Anyone wanna join me???

1 comment:

Henry Hounshell said...

I also as well too feel out of place often, I feel like being around simple things would be mo' betta. So I am officially inviting myself!